THIS Super High Protein Seed May ‘Grow’ Surprising Health Benefits | Photo credit: iStock Images
- Chia seeds have become one of the most popular healthy foods in recent times
- Chia seeds can be easily added to the diet as part of breakfast, oats, smoothies, desserts, etc.
- The plant property of chia seeds has helped them be recognized by vegans and vegetarians
New Delhi: If you are an active player in the fitness league, you must have come across a popular food called chia seeds. These super seeds have become one of the most popular healthy foods in recent times. Their herbal property has helped them be recognized by vegans and vegetarians. They can be easily added to the diet as part of breakfast, oats, smoothies, desserts, etc. In addition to being versatile, these seeds have immense health benefits.
Benefits of chia seeds
Here are some common health benefits offered by chia seeds:
- Vegetable proteins: If you think there aren’t many ways for vegans and vegetarians to meet their protein needs, then chia seeds are here to prove you wrong. With 5.6g of protein in approximately 28g of chia seeds, these super seeds can help provide the body with the right amount of protein. Plus, it can help stimulate the growth and development of muscles, bones, and cells.
- Healthy bones: Chia seeds are a rich source of nutrients like calcium, iron, protein, etc. which play a vital role in regulating bone health and strength.
- Healthy brain: This incredible seed is a source of omega 3 fatty acids. Often found in oily fish, this nutrient has been shown to be effective in improving cognitive function in humans.
- Improves Weight Loss: According to the USDA, 28g of chia seeds contain approximately 130 calories and 5.6g of protein. Moderate consumption of chia seeds can help keep the body full, thereby calming unplanned hunger pangs. It can help in the weight management process. However, this seed should not be consumed excessively due to its high caloric content as it can contribute to weight gain.
- Promotes digestive health: Chia seeds are a rich source of fiber. According to the USDA, 28g of chia seeds contain approximately 11.2g of fiber. This can have a huge impact on metabolism and bowel movements, thus contributing to healthy digestive health.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting a fitness program or making any changes to your diet.
Get the latest news on health, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, more updates at Times Now