Setting up your crop for success begins with setting up your planter for success. The new Case IH Tiger-MateÂ® 255 field cultivator creates the ideal high efficiency seedbed that allows your planter to perform to its full potential, giving your crops the best opportunity to reach theirs.
An uneven crop slow to emerge can haunt you throughout harvest. Analysis of university studies across the Midwest shows that in cornfields where as few as one in five plants lags due to late emergence, yields drop from 4 percent to 8 percent.1 Researchers link many of these losses to the quality of the seedbed. Factors such as sowing depth, distribution of crop residues, and soil moisture and temperature can slow germination, seedling development and crop emergence.
From the ground surface to the subsoil, the new Tiger-Mate 255 provides the consistent conditions crops need for fast, even emergence. When paired with Case IH Up earlyÂ® planters, the Tiger-Mate 255 can help you achieve maximum yield potential by combining the high efficiency seedbed with the ultimate in seed placement precision.
The Tiger-Mate 255 builds on Case IH’s legacy of seedbed preparation. A redesigned stem assembly, tool-less upgrade, and a more robust frame – allowing operating speeds of up to 10 miles per hour – help you accomplish more every day. Built on the principles of Agronomic design Case IHâ¢, the new field cultivator efficiently manages crop residues, breaks up clods and puts the finishing touches on the seedbed for optimal seed-to-soil contact, robust root development and even seedling emergence. Other new and improved features include:
- A new robust rod assembly meets the challenges of higher field speeds with 20% more holding power than previous models. It balances strength and flexibility to keep Earth MetalÂ® sweeps parallel to the ground for a uniformly smooth surface and level subsoil, regardless of ground conditions and speed. From stronger compression springs to larger pivot bolts and hardened pivot point bushings, the 11/16 inch thick shank is designed to withstand the rigors of high speeds and rapidly changing terrain conditions.
- Our proven two-piece sweeping pattern, combined with 6.5-inch rod spacing, provides 100 percent sweep coverage for maximum soil mixing and improved residue flow, even at higher speeds.
- High concavity stems break up stubborn clods and provide more consistent residue movement and optimal mixing.
- A new single-point hydraulic control allows for quick and easy depth adjustment to suit varying field conditions.
- An optional floating hitch allows the Tiger-Mate 255 to operate independently of the tractor for better ground following and greater depth consistency over rough terrain.
- Industry-exclusive thatch-resistant radial tires have a larger footprint to reduce compaction and improve flotation and durability.
- Multiple harrow options – including a new Advanced Conditioning System (ACS) 3-bar tine-tipped harrow with TigerPaw trainedâ¢ CrumblerÂ® rolling roller – helps you achieve the desired floor finish.
The Tiger-Mate 255 is available in single ply widths ranging from 22 feet 2 inches to 35 feet 2 inches and double ply models from 37 feet 5 inches to 60 feet 1 inch. Rugged components help ensure reliable, low-maintenance operation.
Get a first-hand look at our latest industry-leading seedbed preparation tool throughout the year. winter shows season. Or talk to your Case IH dealer on how a high efficiency seedbed can help increase your farm’s production potential.
LEARN MORE HERE
Brochure: Tiger-Mate 255 cultivator
Case IH tillage equipment
1Effect on yield of uneven corn heights. Iowa State University Agronomic Extension Website. http://www.agronext.iastate.edu/corn/production/management/early/heights.html. Accessed August 26, 2016.