A leading production and post-production company is looking for a talented and ambitious post-production engineer, whose skills are mainly focused on post-technology and workflow. This person will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and performance of systems hardware and software, including servers, network devices and high performance computing workstations. This position requires an in-depth understanding of the post-production process for commercial, feature film, and episodic workflows, and an ideal candidate must be extremely organized and will be expected to simultaneously execute multiple projects in varying stages of completion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide software and hardware support to artists using Filmlight Daylight, Filmlight Baselight, BMD Resolve, Autodesk Flame, Colorfront Transkoder, Avid Media Composer and Adobe products
- Install, move, monitor and maintain equipment in editorial and exhibition suites for clients’ daily/weekly sessions and rooms, ensuring workstations and creative rooms are in working order optimal
- Calibration of color critical video displays and cinema projectors and audio monitoring to internal standards and protocol
- Help data I/O operators troubleshoot issues related to data transfers and software/hardware issues
- Troubleshoot video, audio and network switching and routing infrastructure within the facility as required
- Troubleshoot storage infrastructure including Stornext SAN, NAS and DAS installations as needed
- Update, patch and build workstations and content logging/editing/mastering servers as needed on Linux/Windows/MacOS platforms.
- Work collaboratively with the local Tech Ops team to coordinate effective handovers and complete ongoing departmental projects
- Obtain equipment and materials from our vendors for various engineering tasks
- Completely document procedures and critical information for the benefit of the entire technology team
- Other departmental duties as required and assigned
Qualifications and background required:
- 2-5 years of experience in a post-production engineering environment or equivalent experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable work experience
- Experience with network protocols (layer 2, layer 3) and switching infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of Linux, MacOS and Windows operating systems, desktop, server and virtual machine environments
- General knowledge of Remote UI and streaming protocols not limited to HP ZCentral, NoMachine, Teradici, Nevion, Streambox, Clearview, Zoom, etc.
- Program experience with at least one language; Python, Perl, Bash or Java
- Experience with video signal standards and related infrastructure
- Understanding of network file sharing protocols; including NFS, SMB/CIFS and secure digital delivery mechanisms (Signiant, Aspera, etc.)
- Highly motivated, team player and excellent communication skills