This white paper explores Telestream’s introduction of the Prism QC waveform monitor widely used as a primary post-production tool. Staff can now cover all the basics of HDR color and luminance management as well as 4K and even 8K pixel density in one workflow.
Complementing Prism, Telestream’s Vidchecker QC monitoring system and Switch player provide the additional elements that professionals need to keep pace with all tasks related to not just HDR but processing 4K content in SDR format and ensuring that conversions between HDR and SDR are performed as expected.
The white paper includes:
- View trends reshaping post-production workflows
- New dimensions in luminance and color
- Some common points
- Hype and reality: implications for post-production
- The switch to UHD and HD content compatible with HDR
- The surge in OTT production
- HDR in live sports production
- Beyond 4K UHD
- 8K UHD
- The display base for 4K / HDR content: Smart TV and other devices
Part two: The new dimension in QC post-production
- SDR, 4K UHD and HDR
- Luminance dynamics and the human visual system
- The color factor
- Flickering and jerking
- Juxtapose HDR with SDR content
Part three: HDR support in post-production workflow
- Obsolete tools
- Broadcasting Solutions
Video post-production teams are faced with challenges posed by new dynamics of coloring, luminance and pixel density that can only be addressed using quality management tools designed for the tasks at hand. accomplish.