Deadline: September 15, 2022
Applications are open for the Ford Fund Fellowship 2022. The Ford Fund Fellowship is a virtual program designed to equip 25 advanced social entrepreneurs with the skills, resources and experience to scale the businesses and community initiatives that they create.
Each Ford Fund Scholars will learn advanced entrepreneurship and leadership skills, gain experience, and build a global network of mentors, masters course teachers, and peers, while laying the foundation to empower many more young people. and transform their communities.
The fellowship begins with a two-week virtual intensive accelerator that will focus on:
- Building Community: Community is one of the pillars of the community experience. A diverse cohort of young leaders and entrepreneurs form partnerships, collaborations and foster their growth and impact as leaders in their communities.
- Skills development: including fundraising, team building, transformative communication, growth mindset, courage, resilience, creativity and leadership. Fellows will be guided through the process to overcome key challenges encountered along the way to becoming transformative leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Basecamp Training: Each fellow is trained and receives a stipend and logistical support to conduct a three-day training (called Basecamp) in their home community to empower at least 30 additional business leaders per fellow.
After the two-week acceleration, each fellow will join a 14-week fellowship, which includes:
- Run a base camp in their respective community. A stipend will be given for logistical and administrative costs.
- Join a monthly All Hands on Deck meeting which includes skill-building workshops and opportunities to build community within the cohort.
- Seed funding of $25,000 will be distributed to the 25 Ford Fund Fellows based on progress and impact throughout the fellowship.
- Regularly attend master classes with the world’s leading entrepreneurs and practitioners. Alumni of the Master Course include recognized movement leaders who have won the Nobel Peace Prize, the youngest person to run for U.S. Congress, and the inventor of Google’s self-driving car.
- Join a group with other fellows from their respective regions and consult regularly via one-on-one meetings.
- Open to next-generation advanced social entrepreneurs and community leaders building businesses that create impactful and scalable innovations;
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate a proven track record of innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership in their community;
- Applicants must be from the United States, China, Mexico, South Africa, and Argentina.
- Applicants must be able to commit to being part of the 16-week program from October 17, 2022 to February 24, 2023.
The application deadline is September 15, 2022. Contact Monica Solares at [email protected] for any questions you may have about the application process.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Ford Fund Scholarship.