John Binder, founder of another country and partner of Cutters Studios, and his colleagues around the world are very proud to announce the immediate promotion of executive producer from another country, Tim Konn, to the role of general manager.
âWorking with Tim is always a great experience,â Binder began. âHe makes the whole process real and fun, and that attitude absolutely shines through with our customers. As we continue to grow we all recognize how great a job he does. In the future, he will devote more time to confer creatively with our clients on their projects.
Konn joined Another Country as an EP in Chicago in 2007, building on his previous experiences as a Sound Designer / Mixer at Swell and Audio Recording Unlimited. Since then, alongside a Who’s Who of illustrious contributors to the global creative industry, Another Country’s work has garnered top honors in every major award program around the world, including several Grand Prix Cannes Lions and Titanium Honors, and four USA Today Ad Meter # 1 ranked Super Bowl spots.
The artists of Another Country have also won countless individual accolades in the professional audio arena and in the past five years alone have contributed to narrative and documentary film projects that have won prestigious awards in many international film festivals.
“It wasn’t until I joined AC as a producer and worked for John Binder that I really understood the combination of creativity and attention to detail required to make a well-oiled audio machine work. “said Konn. âI owe him everything, Cindy Duffy, Craig Duncan, Tim McGuire, Phil Barton, Kathryn Hempel and Chris Claeys, who have all given me invaluable advice and unwavering support throughout my tenure. I also feel fortunate to work with some of the best minds in the post-production, advertising, and film communities in general, and look forward to focusing on the continued growth and success of Another Country.
Referencing Another Country’s new website, which showcases the company’s latest project work and also includes a fascinating ‘before and after’ reel, Konn shared some ideas on a few favorite projects.
- Budweiser “Harry’s Last Call” with VaynerMedia: âBeing a part of the happiest day in Chicago history was something I’ll never forget. We sent a crew to mix at midnight so that it could be played by the time people wake up. “
- Groundhog Day Jeep with Highdive: “This production evolved and went so quickly, and it was a real pleasure to work.”
- P&G “Like a Girl” with Leo Burnett: “It has been an honor to be part of such an important message which is more meaningful than any award.”
- Samsung “Ostrich” with Leo Burnett: âI love the idea and execution of this one. This is one of my favorite creations of all time.
- âCity So Realâ with Steve James and Kartemquin Films: “It’s a timely film that sheds light on the complexities of being Chicagoans and Americans at this point in history.”
To learn more about Another Country and its latest work, visit https://www.autrepays.net.
About another country
Another Country is a leading audio post-production house specializing in sound design, mixing, sound branding, ADR, sound effects, VO recording and dialogue softening for content and the branded film. From studios in Chicago and Detroit, the world-class team at Another Country works with clients around the world to expertly create soundscapes for film, television, radio, games and media in line. To learn more, visit https://www.autrepays.net.
Video source: Vimeo | Credits provided on request